Auditions for Best 2 Weeks of Summer & Prime Time Summer Camps
If you register – you are IN! So, the pressure is off. Auditions are held to see which cast members will play which roles.
Auditions are held at Not Just Dance Studio.
Address: 4425 Brookfield Corporate Dr, Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151
please call 571-392-3209 or use the form below to request an audition
All those auditioning, must register for the camp. Casting will be decided based on the registrations for that session. All those registered will be cast. If there is a wait list, those on the wait list may also audition.
SCROLL to the bottom of this page to register for a specific audition date/time. All those registered for the camp can register for an audition slot via their parent portal accounts.
Peter Pan JR Auditions
Thursday, May 20 OR Tuesday, May 25
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Singin’ in the Rain Auditions
Tuesday, June 1 OR Thursday, June 10
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Shrek JR Auditions
Saturday, June 12
9 am – 1 pm
Tuesday, June 29
10 am – 2 pm
If you have a conflict with the Audition Time or Date for your Camp, please contact us to set up an appointment to come in!
Teens (ages 11+):
- Prepare 32 bars of music. Please pick from a musical (no pop music or rock music). A CD and ipod player will be available. No accompanist will be available. Acapella is acceptable however, we strongly encourage that all students who are auditioning use a back track.
- Prepare a 1 minute monologue
- Come to the audition prepared for movement. (A bit of choreography might be taught at the audition)
- Fill out the Audition Form. Bring it, along with a small photo. (If a resume/headshot is available, please bring that along with the Audition Form)
Younger Students (ages 6-11):
- Prepare 1 minute of any song (The song choice is not important. We need to assess their ability to carry a tune, perform in front of people and their commitment through preparation.)
- (Optional) If they have a monologue, they should prepare to perform it. However, a monologue is not required.
- Come to the audition prepared for movement.
- Fill out the Audition Form. Bring it, along with a small photo.
Preparing for Auditions:
Not Just Dance does offer audition workshops.
Beginner Audition Workshop (Attend One)
- Wednesday April 14 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 1 from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Intermediate Audition Workshop (Attend Both)
- Part 1: Wednesday, April 21 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Part 2: Wednesday, April 28 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
Aliens in the Castle
At this point, we are planning to cast Aliens in the Castle in the morning of the first class. However, if feel it would be advantageous for students to know their parts ahead of time, we will find a time to meet with each of the students prior to the first day of class.
All those who register will pick their top 3 songs that they are interested in doing, from a list of choices. They can pick solos, duets or group numbers. Students will be assigned songs ahead of time so they can begin practicing at home. In addition, all students will have the option of having a one hour lesson (or two – 1/2 hour lessons) with the music director. The Not Just Dance staff will work with parents/students to arrange these in the April/May time frame. Lessons may include other campers, depending on which songs students are working on. We are very excited about this year’s camp!
No auditions are necessary for the Technical Theatre camps.