Auditions for Best 2 Weeks of Summer, Summer Camps
If you register – you are IN! So, the pressure is off. Auditions are held to see which cast members will play which roles.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register for an audition slot. At this point, we are planning to be open on May 29th in order to hold auditions “live” at the studio. Stay tuned for additional information. Note: You must be registered in order to audition.
Tuesday, June 30
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, July 1
10:00 am – 11:00 am
Music Man JR:
Wednesday, July 8
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Friday, July 10
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Not Just Dance
4425 Brookfield Corporate Dr, Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151
OR, by appointment (please call 571-392-3209 or use the form below to request an audition)
All those auditioning, must register for the camp. Casting will be decided based on the registrations for that session. All those registered will be cast. If there is a wait list, those on the wait list may also audition.
SCROLL to the bottom of this page to register for a specific audition date/time. All those registered for the camp can register for an audition slot via their parent portal accounts.
Teens (ages 11+):
- Prepare 32 bars of music. Please pick from a musical (no pop music or rock music). A CD and ipod player will be available. No accompanist will be available. Acapella is acceptable.
- Prepare a 1 minute monologue
- Come to the audition prepared for movement. (A bit of choreography might be taught at the audition)
- Fill out the Audition Form. Bring it, along with a small photo. (If a resume/headshot is available, please bring that along with the Audition Form)
Younger Students (ages 6-11):
- Prepare 1 minute of any song (The song choice is not important. We need to assess their ability to carry a tune, perform in front of people and their commitment through preparation.)
- (Optional) If they have a monologue, they should prepare to perform it. However, a monologue is not required.
- Come to the audition prepared for movement.
- Fill out the Audition Form. Bring it, along with a small photo.
Please bring a completed Audition Form to the audition.
Preparing for Auditions:
WORKSHOPS: Not Just Dance does offer audition workshops. The Beginner Audition Workshop is either Wednesday April 15 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm OR Saturday, May 2 from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm; the Intermediate Audition Workshop is Wednesday, April 22 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm AND Wednesday, April 29 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Register for a Workshop.
Aliens in the Castle
At this point, we are planning to cast Aliens in the Castle in the morning of the first class. However, if feel it would be advantageous for students to know their parts ahead of time, we will find a time to meet with each of the students prior to the first day of class.
All those who register will pick their top 3 songs that they are interested in doing, from a list of choices. They can pick solos, duets or group numbers. Students will be assigned songs ahead of time so they can begin practicing at home. In addition, all students will have the option of having a one hour lesson (or two – 1/2 hour lessons) with the music director. The Not Just Dance staff will work with parents/students to arrange these in the April/May time frame. Lessons may include other campers, depending on which songs students are working on. We are very excited about this year’s camp!
No auditions are necessary for the Technical Theatre camps.