Join Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the hip hip Hippo and, of course, those hilarious, plotting penguins as they bound onto your stage in the musical adventure of a lifetime. Based on the smash DreamWorks animated motion picture, Madagascar – A Musical Adventure JR. follows all of your favorite crack-a-lackin’ friends as they escape from their home in New York’s Central Park Zoo and find themselves on an unexpected journey to the madcap world of King Julien’s Madagascar.
Alex the lion is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York’s Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends — Marty the zebra, Melman the giraffe and Gloria the hippo — have spent their whole lives in blissful captivity before an admiring public and with regular meals provided for them. Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty lets his curiosity get the better of him and makes his escape — with the help of some prodigious penguins — to explore the world.
Filled with outlandish characters, adventure galore and an upbeat score, Madagascar JR. will leave audiences with no choice but to “Move It, Move It!”
Dates: June 17 – 28, 2024
- 10 days, with extended days on June 27 and 28
- June 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26; 9 am – 4 pm
- On Thursday, June 27th and Friday, June 28th, performers will attend from 9 am until after the evening performances
Thursday, June 27th (at 7 pm) and Friday, June 28th (at 2 pm & 7 pm)
Ages 7* – 18
*We reserve the right to change the ages of the camp. We will limit the number of students under the age of 12.
- $835, plus a $80 production fee (TOTAL – $915)
- Siblings – $795, plus a $55 production fee (TOTAL – $850)
- Production Fee includes a t-shirt, a performance DVD and 2 tickets to one performance.
- Optional – Extended Day – 7 am – 9 am OR 4 pm – 6 pm; Contact us for registration and details
- Non-Refundable Tuition, due at registration. (Contact us if you need to set up a tuition schedule.)
- All fees are non-refundable. There are no exceptions.
- Note: Students may opt to take optional audition preparation classes depending on level of experience. Workshop Information
14225 Sullyfield Circle, Suite D, Chantilly, VA 20151
Auditions are required. All students who register will receive a part, regardless of the audition. The auditions are to help us determine which parts match best to which students. Please see the Auditions page for all of the details. If you have concerns about the audition process, please contact us. Not Just Dance offers workshops to help students prepare for auditions.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, May 11 from 1 – 4 pm and Tuesday, May 21 from 6 – 9 pm
Pre-Camp: 8 am – 9 am
Post-Camp, Afternoon Session: 4 pm – 6 pm
Note: Not Just Dance reserves the right to cancel extended day if there is not enough interest in this program.
Contact Not Just Dance for pricing.
Payments (the entire tuition) will be processed using the credit card you entered during registration. If you need to make other arrangements, please contact us at 571-392-3209. Or, you may pay by check.
If paying by check please send a check, made out to Not Just Dance, to:
PLEASE NOTE: All payments received are non-refundable